OACHC offers assistance with recruitment of key staff members including physicians, dentists, mid-level providers and strategic administrative positions, as well as documentation and support for NHSC and J-1 applications. OACHC posts career opportunities on the National Rural Recruitment and Retention Network (3RNet), manages candidate profiles received through the OACHC website, exhibits at career fairs and conferences, and visits residency programs throughout the state to assist in the recruitment process.
Equally as important, we provide assistance with retention strategies by providing resources such as webinars, manuals & guides, and sample policies/contracts/job descriptions.
Workforce Development Membership Benefits
- FREE job posting on OACHC’s website and 3RNet.org (providers, mid-level and senior level staff).
- Access to candidates who have interest in living/working in Ohio.
- Marketing and communication to students and residents in Ohio through career fairs, school/program presentations, direct mailings etc.
- Access to retention programs, policies and procedures, engagement surveys, stay interviews etc.
- Access to the Retention Institute’s Certified Employee Retention Program (CERP)
LOAN REPAYMENT UPDATES
- OACHC will keep members updated on state and national loan repayment opportunities.
CONFERENCES & WEBINARS
- 24 hour access to online libraries and member listserv. Additional assistance and questions can be directed to Jen Higgins, Director of WD, by contacting the corporate office.
- From publications, sample job descriptions and contracts to J1 Waiver assistance, we have a complete online library to assist.
- OACHC provides two conferences annually and multiple webinars that focus on leadership, workforce development and human resources
Did you say Collaboration?
Collaborative efforts have resulted in favorable relationships between OACHC and many organizations, agencies, foundations and educational institutions across the nation. We strive to provide you with the best technical assistance by staying abreast of workforce trends, changes and opportunities by actively serving as active members of 12-15 committees outside the walls of OACHC.
OACHC Workforce attends conferences, partners with and/or has committee involvement with...
3RNET (Rural Recruitment & Retention Network)
AAFP (American Association for Family Physicians)
FMEC (Family Medicine Education Consortium)
HPFO (Health Path Foundation of Ohio)
HPIO (Health Policy Institute of Ohio)
HRSA (Workforce Development PCA Learning Team)
NACHC (National Association of Community Health Centers)
NEOMED (North East Ohio Medical College)
NHSC (National Health Service Corp)
NRHA (National Rural Health Association)
OAFP (Ohio Association for Family Physicians)
ODH (Ohio Department of Health)
Ohio AAP (Ohio Chapter of American Academy of Pediatrics)
ONPR (Ohio Network of Physician Recruiters)