For successful grassroots advocacy, start by organizing and setting up the groundwork so that the right supports are in place. Making advocacy a priority at your health center with clear roles and responsibilities will yield high rates of return. This toolkit serves as a resource to help educate Advocates about health centers and the basics of advocacy. Access the Advocacy Toolkit.
OACHC utilizes an internet-based program to strengthen Community Health Center grassroots efforts and ensure your voice is as strong and loud as it can be with the Ohio General Assembly and Ohio’s Federal Congressional Delegation. It is our goal to increase awareness and educate our lawmakers on all the benefits of Ohio’s Community Health Centers, and we need YOU to make that a reality!
The Grassroots Advocacy Action Center allows OACHC to mobilize Health Center supporters to take political action by sending out (via email):
- “Call to Action” email alerts, asking you to call/email/write your elected officials as Health Center issues arise
- A weekly national legislative e-newsletter
- A monthly state legislative e-newsletter
Advocacy trainings are designed to motivate and educate. You will learn the nuts and bolts of how to be a successful advocate for Ohio's Community Health Centers and the Community Health Center model.
During an advocacy training you will learn how to:
- Build your advocacy network
- Be a successful advocate during the legislative process
- Form an advocacy committee at your local health center
- Successfully communicate with elected officials, both in-person and utilizing written communications
Advocacy trainings are appropriate for many audiences, including Community Health Center Boards and Health Center staff. Trainings generally take about an hour and can be tailored to meet your individual group needs. For more information, email: email@example.com