HEALTHY PEOPLE 2020
Healthy People provides science-based, 10-year national objectives for improving the health of all Americans. For 3 decades, Healthy People has established benchmarks and monitored progress over time in order to:
- Encourage collaborations across communities and sectors.
- Empower individuals toward making informed health decisions.
- Measure the impact of prevention activities
Planning is currently underway for Healthy People 2030 to develop a new set of 10-year national objectives.
A society in which all people live long, healthy lives.
Healthy People 2020 strives to:
- Identify nationwide health improvement priorities.
- Increase public awareness and understanding of the determinants of health, disease, and disability and the opportunities for progress.
- Provide measurable objectives and goals that are applicable at the national, State, and local levels.
- Engage multiple sectors to take actions to strengthen policies and improve practices that are driven by the best available evidence and knowledge.
- Identify critical research, evaluation, and data collection needs.
- Attain high-quality, longer lives free of preventable disease, disability, injury, and premature death.
- Achieve health equity, eliminate disparities, and improve the health of all groups.
- Create social and physical environments that promote good health for all.
- Promote quality of life, healthy development, and healthy behaviors across all life stages.
Did you know OACHC has a clinical listserv to communicate with all interested health centers clinicians? This listserv is a two way communication for you to post best practices, or ask questions that you may need assistance with from your health center peers. OACHC also sends out important clinical information/updates on a regular basis.
To be added to the clinical listserv contact: email@example.com