One of the largest identified needs in the area of Substance Use Disorder/Opioid Use Disorder across Ohio Health Centers has been stigma reduction. OACHC, in collaboration with the Michigan Primary Care Association (MPCA), is sharing a yearlong “Anti-Stigma Campaign”.
MPCA has developed the campaign to achieve the following goals:
- Assist staff in understanding stigmas and provide the resources on how to avoid them
- Provide an overview of common SUD related medications, triggers, and common behaviors
- Provide staff the most updated information on SUD facts and statistics
- Link common barriers and resources
- Develop training and best practice workflows in their area
Table Tent Poster
For 2020, OACHC is encouraging all Ohio’s FQHCs to utilize this program with their providers and staff. The campaign is designed to be discussed in provider and staff monthly meetings. We are encouraging health centers to start month 1 January 2020 and continue thru the rest of the year. OACHC is committed to supporting your health center use of the campaign and will be discussing monthly on the BH Networking calls.
If you have any questions about the program please reach out to Dr. Dana Vallangeon, Ashley Ballard, or Tiffany White.